Fedora 7 frozen for Test 2

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 12:12:26 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 07:07, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> It's an entirely unknown and undocumented procedure for Extras packagers
> to send a mail to that address.

Ditto for Core, but I'm trying to open the rel-eng process up a bit and I
added some folks outside of rel-eng to that alias to help with making
decisions.

> Further, we haven't freezed Extras before.

Correct.

> In case we want to try it for
> test2, what are the guidelines for including packages during the freeze?
> Is it a hard/strict freeze? Is this documented for Core anywhere?

It isn't well documented, something I need to add to my RelEng page on the
wiki.

Basically we take things that fix broken deps (so long as they don't further
break other deps, or the new build doesn't work somehow), we take things that
fix crashbugs like wont start at all, or crash if a user clicks this common
thing.

Mostly it's maintainers stating their case as to why their build needs to be
included in the Test release, and those of us on the rel-eng alias would make
a decision as to if we want it in or not.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora