Rawhide stability

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Sat Feb 24 13:47:09 UTC 2007

> > - rollback of problem packages (put back the previous package when a
> > problem has been identified with the new one and we know it will take
> > days to fix)
>
> This can be done, all it takes is a maintainer telling me and I can untag the
> broken build.  Of course this breaks upgrade paths for anybody who picked up
> the broken build...

Maybe this one should go onto the TODO list for the buildsystem, so that
developers could revert to an older known stable rpm via the buildsystem,
so that they can take their time to develop a real fix to show up in a new
package.
This still leaves the normal turnaround time to the next rawhide push, but then
gives more time for the real fix to go out.

regards,

Florian La Roche