Future owners/ACL choices

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Feb 24 19:35:45 UTC 2007

On Samstag 24 Februar 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Maintainer requesting ownership of an owned package => request is queued

When is there a need for a maintainer to get ownership of another package
without wanting the original owner to transfer it? The only case I can think
of is when the actual owner of a package is AWOL. But in this case it should
be made sure that all of his packages are taken care of, so that the correct
workflow should be a request to orphan all packages of a maintainer and then
pick the package one wants to adopt.
What may be useful, would be to queue the request for the owner of the
regarding package, so that a maintainer can ask another maintainer via the
packageDB for a package and then it is transfered.

> Maintainer transfer => Present owner should be able to reassign to a new
> owner within cvsextras.

I think that this transfer should be acknowleged by the new owner before it
takes place, to make sure it is wanted by both sides.

Regards,
Till