Fedora Developer Ranking System v1

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 00:46:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 07:40:49PM -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> = Strawman of Fedora Developer Ranking System v1 =
> This concept document contains only *IDEAS* of why we would want a
> ranking system, and how a ranking system might be useful.  Below are
> only examples.  Please add your ideas to this thread.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the larger kernel projects work on
distributed trust metrics, something that often makes people sqeamish to
post in public.

Stuff like "we avoid this guy because he sues everybody he meets" or "we
avoid this guy because he is a huge pain to deal with" can be big
factors, but not something people will endorse publicly.

There are a lot of non-linear, human, biological-esque processes that go
into medium and large open source projects.   Tough to quantify that.

	Jeff