Fedora Developer Ranking System v1

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 01:11:31 UTC 2007

> FD0: Probationary/Training
>       Write access to own packages only
> ---: Read-Only Access to Package SCM

Okay, here is what I am specifically interested in.  As a package
maintainer, I'd like to find a way to get upstream developers for some
packages involved as co-maintainers, if they are interested. What I'd
like is that initially I'm the primary maintainer, but I'd like to
have upstream people who are new to the fedora packaging process be
secondary maintainers, so I can work with them inside the SCM until
its clear to a sponsor that they can take over primary maintainership,
and I can dial back my involvement in that package to a secondary
maintainer role.  This way I can hopefully train up active
maintainers, who are less likely to orphan a package, without burning
myself out with packaging duties.

I hate watching package submissions from upstream developers languish
in review. I've jumped in and taken maintainership over in a couple of
cases, to keep the issue of sponsorship from keeping the package out.
But obviously that's not ideal, because it doesn't help the upstream
developer show necessary competence for sponser review.  I'd like to
think that some of us more veteran packagers can act as mentors for
these people in a way that lets them build a track record of correct
action for sponsors to review without holding up the packaging itself.
  Is the FD0 concept meant to help with this sort of scenario?

-jef"so far my curling team has a 5 and 1 winning record. At this rate
we are totally going to earn free T-shirts for the spring league, If I
had known about the T-shirts in the Fall league I would have actually
not goofed-off...well not as much anyways.  Because its always about
the free T-shirt."spaleta