RATIFIED: Review with Flags (Version 6)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 07:37:21 UTC 2007

Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>> STOP USING THE TRACKER BUGS.  Just leave them as-is.  FESCO is
>> thinking about what to do about them during next week's meeting.
>
> Please update:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/HowToGetSponsored
>
> Current policy is that a new contributor who want to get
> sponsored have to either
> * submit a new review request with enough quality
> * or do a "pre-review" of other person's review requests
>   to show that he surely understands how to package.
>
> And this wiki page still uses FE-NEW to find a review
> request which is waiting to be reviewed.
>
> So: please someone update FE-NEW etc to the alternatives.

During the previous FESCO meeting, it was decided to implement the
process.  This upcoming Thursday's FESCO meeting will discuss how we can
automatically migrate all the old tracker bugs to be consistent with the
new flags, so single queries can pick up both.

c4chris said he would work on "cached" query pages to make this quick
and easy, while http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/KevinFenzi/ Kenvin
Fenzi made a few tempory canned queries to work in this purpose.

I suspect soon we will be able to auto-migrate all tracker bugs to their
equivalent flag states.  But FESCO must discuss this in the next
meeting, feasibility must be figured out with dkl, then the optimal
querying methods need to be figured out.

I'm sorry it isn't exactly obvious how to update the documentation in
that regard just yet, because the prerequisites to make it happen are
not done yet.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com