FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-02-22

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Feb 27 13:27:47 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote :

> > Packaging Committee Report
> > * FESCo didn't have any objections to the Packaging Committee's
> > guidelines regarding:
> >   SourceURL: http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SourceUrl
>
> Hmm, I added a comment a couple of days ago to the page about the
> sourceforge section not being correct and that is still there. How can
> this be approved without that comment being addressed?

Regarding your comment : dl.sf.net seems to return many different IP
addresses, and wget fails to contact some of them fairly often in my
case. OTOH, I've just tried downloads.sf.net and it redirects me to
Heanet or Switch (which are mirrors quite close to me) with a 302
response, and seem like a clean redirect script on sourceforge's side.
Cool.

So using downloads seems the best to me, but I'd like to use sf.net
instead of sourceforge.net since it'll make URLs shorter, thus more of
them will manage to fit in 80 columns.

Do others have experience with sourceforge downloads? Doesn't anyone
actually know someone from sourceforge who could clear this up, or
simply try and contact them to get a final and official answer about
this, instead of us "poking around"?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.09 0.22 0.42