plaque vs koji

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Feb 27 23:50:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

before someone mentions that we have fedora-buildsys to discuss this,
I'm not after the technical details (although in fact I'd love an
executive-like summary of the difference between the two), but more on
the politics:

koji is after replacing plaque. Is that that plan decided on already,
or are there opponents to koji? If the replacement is already decided
on, when should that happen? In the wiki there is a delivery target of
F7test3 (in 4 weeks), do we really want to swap buildsystems shortly
before a release? If we commit to koji and it slips the whole release
slips even further, and we get back PR on this already.

And will the change affect packagers in their common workflow? E.g. I
can imagine a rather transparent change, with make build someday
silently (but pre-announced) update itself into calling koji
components instead of plaque.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net