Fedora Developer Ranking System v1

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Feb 28 06:51:16 UTC 2007

On 27.02.2007 01:40, Warren Togami wrote:
> = Strawman of Fedora Developer Ranking System v1 =
> This concept document contains only *IDEAS* of why we would want a
> ranking system, and how a ranking system might be useful.  Below are
> only examples.  Please add your ideas to this thread.
> [...]

As two other (red hat) people said "overkill" and "Overly complex" I'd
like to say the opposite: I like the direction, but would like to see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-February/msg00764.html
integrated. Sure, maybe some other details need to be adjusted, but this
scheme might meld a lot to get new people involved and growing up in the
project. And that's hardly needed and the best for the project.

Even if the system is a bit more complex than what we have now -- it
lowers the bar (that's quite high ATM) to get involved into Fedora, and
that's important to get new people in. It's thus a step into the right
direction.

Cu
thl