Proposed guideline for init script files

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Feb 28 10:40:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:17:26AM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote :
>
> > Please take a moment to read through
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InitScripts and provide some
> > feedback.  If nobody has major objections or reasonable adjustments, this
> > will become policy in a week's time.
>
> This is definitely a step in the right direction, but if it's meant to
> become the "init script packaging guidelines", then it's missing all of
> the most important parts : The init script's content.
>
> - Which commands should be mandatory and which optional (start, stop,
> restart, condrestart and status are the most expected ones, reload
> doesn't always make sense).

There is already something about the commands in the post scripts page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets?action=show&redirect=ScriptletSnippets#head-a6d7a1ed9d77dbb8d4af067378a79b838aebb20a

I can't remember of anything about the remaining, except that rpmlint
does some checks on the comments. Also there could be lsb-init comments and
chkconfig comments.

--
Pat