Core packages are using %config for files being installed under /usr

Chip Coldwell coldwell at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 18:02:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:

> OTOH, fonts.alias is way-old legacy pre-fontconfig stuff anyway.  Is xfs gone
> yet? (:

I, for one, would miss it.  I know that probably 99% of xfs installations
are using a font server on localhost, but I've actually had situations
where it was very useful to have a network based font server:

1. X Terminals (a.k.a. thin clients) can get their fonts from the server's
xfs process.  Makes updating the collection of fonts the X Terminals are
using *much* easier.

2. Obscure fonts, such as those used by Mathematica, can be installed in
one place and distrubted network wide.

But now this thread is wandering off the topic a bit ....

Chip

--
Charles M. "Chip" Coldwell
Senior Software Engineer