bugzilla bugs for < fc5 (was Re: Extras Buildsys)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon Jan 1 20:23:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:53:47 -0800
a.badger at gmail.com (Toshio Kuratomi) wrote:

> > Two other end of life issues someone needs to address:
> >
> > - Is someone going to close all the legacy/FE/FC <5 bugs in
> > bugzilla?
> >
> > Looks like there are 77 or so for fe3/fe4.
> > Around 841 in fc1/fc2/fc3/fc4
> > Around 107 in legacy.
> >
> IMHO, it would be best if the package maintainer does this.  Look at
> the open bugs on your packages.  Decide whether to push them forward,
> close them, or mark them NEEDINFO so that the bug reporter has the
> opportunity to push them forward (like Davej's treatment of kernel
> bugs.)

I suspect that many people won't do so for whatever reason, and we will
be left with bugs where people expect responses and never get them.
Thats just not good IMHO.

I think someone doing a blanket 'This release is no longer supported,
can you retest with fc6 and re-file if it is still an issue' and
closing the bug would be better. All just my opinion. ;)

Also, can someone disable reporting new bugs against those older
releases?

kevin