Disttag for Fedora 7 and beyond

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 5 07:59:28 UTC 2007

On 05.01.2007 08:43, Axel Thimm wrote:
 > [...]
> b) Make sure any abbreviation used in the disttag for Fedora 7 and
>    above is higher than that of fc6 and below. I.e. find something
>    that is rpm-newer than "fc". "f" itself is lesser, capitalized
>    versions the same. If one want to stick with something that starts
>    with an "f" and has minimal characters one needs to play with "fd"
>    to "fz". Out of them two seem to make sense acronym-wise (perhaps
>    other's are also making sense, speak up if you spot one!):
>
>      "fl" (Fedora Linux) or
>      "fp" (Fedora Project).
 > [...]
Me currently votes for fp for "Fedora Packages" (and matches Fedora
Project at the same time, too), because that's what it is afaics.

BTW, what shall FESCo be called in the future? The "E" for Extras is
obsolete now, too.

FeSCo -> Fedora Steering Committee (does not really describe what is does)
FePSCo -> Fedora Packages Steering Committee

Any better suggestions?

CU
thl