Disttag for Fedora 7 and beyond

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 17:17:51 UTC 2007

On 01/05/2007 08:14 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 12:56 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
  >> - of having to examine specs dist-tags
>
> They shouldn't have passed review if they are hard coded.  If they did,
> a bug needs to be opened to fix it anyway.

You're thinking of only extras here.  Many core packages used hardcoded
dist tags long before we had the ability to do them.  Additionally,
specs in extras could get approved without dist tags and then have them
hard coded in by someone who mightn't know better.

>> - of a mass rebuild
>
> Which is likely to get done anyway around Test2.  It's been done for the
> past 2 releases.

...because of significant changes to the toolchain, not because we like
to do them.  There's no guarantee we'll need one in any given release cycle.