FC5 · Extras rebuilds · mozilla -> seamonkey

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jan 7 10:42:26 UTC 2007

To all FC5 Extras packagers, who have a dependency on "mozilla" or on its
sub-packages:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-de-list/2007-January/msg00024.html

You may need to rebuild your packages against "seamonkey-devel" and update
your explicit "Requires", regardless of whether the broken deps report
has caught this.

seamonkey* in FC5 updates obsoletes mozilla* and provides it with a new
version, 37:1.8, which breaks dependencies.

The next run of the broken deps script will catch these obsoletes, too
and also send a mail. Independent of that I've filed a ticket about galeon
and liferea already. But I guess they are not the only two packages which
depend on mozilla.