Disttag for Fedora 7 and beyond

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sun Jan 7 20:11:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 14:15 +0000, Tim Jackson wrote:
> rpm -i foo-1.0.i386.rpm
> rpm -U foo-1.1.i386.rpm
>
> gives an error about foo-1.1 being an older version. (in the case that
> the Epoch on foo-1.1 is lower than that on foo-1.0)
>
> Even though I'm a packager and I know about epochs, I still occasionally
> have a head-scratching moment related to something like this.

Something similarly irritating is that the arch isn't shown, which
causes me constant pain on x86_64. I finally managed to hack this
together with the help of some googling, put this in ~/.rpmmacros:

%_query_all_fmt %{name}-%|epoch?{%{epoch}:}|
%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}

Is there any reason this can't become default in our shiny new community
rpm fork?