Freeze for Test1 is in 2 weeks + 1 day

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 22:03:27 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 16:37, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> not necessary.  we just don't push for the freeze window.
>
> > 2) Open a freeze-update blocker bug in bugzilla
> >
> :) we need that
> :
> > 3) Create the Freeze Review Team
>
> We would need to create a special build target so that we don't pull in
> other packages built in the mean time.  when a package is acked  it gets
> built for both the unpublished devel tree and the  published one.  packages
> in the unpublished tree get a .1 at the end of its release.

Why build twice?

What we do internally is setup a second build target, that for the duration of
the freeze does not self-update (builds are not available for later builds).
Builds continue, and when we need some specific fix, we copy/tag it from the
second build target to the frozen target.  Once the freeze is over, the
packages remaining in the second target are just sourced into the maintarget
and life goes on.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora