Freeze for Test1 is in 2 weeks + 1 day

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Jan 8 22:51:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 05:30:24PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 08 January 2007 17:26, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Why not everything? All the packages in the repo are at their frozen
> > version, and after that, to submit a build to the frozen package set
> > it is another comand than the usual build.
>
> Because more often than not "My build is really important for the freeze" when
> really it isn't.  Every maintainer's package is the most important package
> (to them).

But everything will be frozen, so there cannot be more important package
as you say. Or am I missing something? Maybe you are talking about update
of packages. I hope, for that, that packagers are responsible enough not
to need to be controlled by a release team. If some packagers submit unneeded
builds that update the frozen packages, people can complain privately
or on the list, or escalate the issue. But I can't see why maintainers
wouldn't be responsible.

--
Pat