elfutils-devel-static, elfutils-libelf-devel-static

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Thu Jan 11 09:54:37 UTC 2007

In rawhide, libelf.a and libdw.a have moved to new rpms.  If you need to do
a static link against libelf.a or libdw.a, you need a buildreq on
elfutils-libelf-devel-static or elfutils-devel-static now.  I couldn't
really tell if rpm did this or not, but it seemed like it might, at least
in debugedit.  I don't expect anything else statically links libelf or libdw,
and probably nothing should.

In the fc6 and el5 updates, I added -static rpms but made -devel require
them so that old requires: elfutils-libelf-devel or elfutils-devel will
still be sufficient, but specs can update to -static buildreqs if they need
them.

Thanks,
Roland