imlib is orphaned

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Jan 14 12:12:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 00:01 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:47:45 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> > Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > The right way to interpret the most recent broken deps report is to notice
> > > that
> > >
> > >   imlib
> > >
> > > (not imlib2) has been orphaned silently several months ago and has not
> > > been picked up since then.
> > >
> > > It is needed by:
> > >
> > >   qiv
> > >   gnome-libs
> > >   libglade
> > >   kdegraphics-extras
> >
> > Since two of those are mine, I volunteer to pick it up.
>
> Please update owners.list and query bugzilla for any open tickets.

As imlib on recently appeared on the OrphanedPackages page on the wiki,
I'm planning on waiting the 10 days to see if anyone else wants to
maintain or co-maintain it. When that time's up, I'll go through the
full change of ownership process.

> There is an imlib 1.9.15 release which seems to contain at least one patch
> (against misc.c) that is not included in the Fedora rpm (1.9.13 plus some
> patches). The big chunk of the diffs against 1.9.13 is automake updates.

Yes, my plan is to bring it up to date with the most recent release, as
I did with gnome-libs when I took that over.

Paul.