Co-maintainersip policy for Fedora Packages

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at farsiweb.info
Mon Jan 22 10:29:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 17:59 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> === Disputes ===
> [...]

I don't know what is it, but this part makes me worry to some degree. It
looks like too much bureaucracy, and the challenge-from-within thing is
rather scary, and may make some maintainers choose polite and accepting
co-maintainers instead of competent ones (although these attributes are
not mutually exclusive, the limited choice makes that kind of decisions
unavoidable sometimes).

I also tend to think that the suggested mechanism will push us toward a
democracy to some degree instead of a meritocracy. I guess I should bite
the bullet and say it: The bureaucracy looks too much like Debian to me.

I quite like other parts of the proposal, and the only other part that
makes me worry a little is the three-maintainers-per-package part. I
can't say much about other packages, with the kind of packages that I
am/was involved in maintaining, two is usually quite enough. Three or
more maintainers will only make things more complicated.

Roozbeh