Fedora Extras License Audit

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jan 23 23:47:07 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 22:57, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:16:24PM -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> > just requires knowledgable people looking at the package source code and

> That's supposed to be done during review, isn't it? How could an audit

When I asked what needs to be done to check the license of a package in review
it was said that it is enough to check the upstream documentation, e.g. the
COPYING file. So looking into every source file for license information was
probably not done for every package. And sometimes even included binary files
slip through review e.g. in XaraLX.

Regards,
Till