Co-maintainersip policy for Fedora Packages

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 19:20:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> again, dictating.  You're saying that just because you own more than a few
> packages, you're automatically lowering the quality of those packages, or you
> automatically can't handle the load.  This is a bad and very unfriendly
> assumption to make.

+1.

The fears:

   * Packages with single maintainers are more vulnerable to bitrot;

   * If default policy is not multiple packagers, people might start
     to feel like they're better going it alone.

The likely reality, as I see it:

   * It will become obvious when a package needs additional love,
     especially if we can build some simple tools: for instance, a
     daily report on the 10 packages with the highest bug rates;

   * People will, in general, be open to help with troublesome
     packages;

   * FESCO will be an effective body in arbiting any disputes.

--g