Co-maintainersip policy for Fedora Packages

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 19:39:56 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 14:21, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I think we've already reached the point where we need to get new people
> into the game via co-maintainership. At the same time people that
> proofed to be capable should get higher in the game and get involved in
> the more important and more complicated stuff now that Core and Extras
> merge.

This is a problem though, as I don't want to hand over access to my package to
somebody who is fresh to the scene.  I'd like to have seen them do their own
packaging for a while and know that they won't make silly mistakes with my
packages.

Maintainer shadowing perhaps?  Watch what I do, ask questions along the way,
learn, grow, etc...?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora