Policy on Reviewing Packages In Preparation for Core/Extras Merge?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 21:20:33 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 16:12, Peter Gordon wrote:
> I'd like to help out where I can with the merge of Core/Extras; and was
> wondering what policy there is in terms of who is allowed to formally
> review and approve these packages (ones moving from Core to
> Extras/"Collection").
>
> Is it the same as current Extras review guidelines (whereby any sponsored
> contributor can review/accept packages of others that do not need
> sponsoring); or is it something different? If so, how does it differ and
> why?

IIRC it would be the same as Extras.  I think a few of us were going to
somewhat mass sponsor current Red Hat employed maintainers (given that
they're currently maintaining Fedora packages) and taking responsibility for
them.  This should open it up for even more people to review the Core
packages.

Am I not remembering correctly?

--
Jesse Keating