Co-maintainersip policy for Fedora Packages

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 25 09:14:13 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 25 janvier 2007 09:10, Linus Walleij a écrit :
> Actually the idea of strict ownership evades me, I would rather prefer a
> more Wiki-like attitude (once you have a Fedora ID account and PGP key) -
> "BE BOLD", "If in doubt, fix it".

You have to be a little more careful than this.
It's easy to propose a fix one-time fix for a problem you're well
aquainted with. It's harder to follow a package long-term. Long-term
maintenance means fixing stuff even if it's not your main area of
expertise/interest, honoring upstream & Fedora deadlines, etc

You have to balance getting *one* fix in faster with losing the current
maintainer if you brutaly short-circuit him.

--
Nicolas Mailhot