RFC: Mass Review Process with Flags?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Mon Jan 29 22:43:53 UTC 2007

On 01/30/2007 12:20 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
> You might have seen the "Merge Review" tickets beginning to hit
> fedora-package-review list.  The filing would be on-going now, but we
> hit a snag (found non-existent owners).  I am waiting for that to be
> corrected so this can proceed in an automated fashion.
[...]

    How picky should we be with those specs? For instance none of the
4-5 I have glimpsed at have the recommended BuildRoot value, but
"BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-root", "BuildRoot:
%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-root" etc.
    Given the semantical meaning of "recommended" I for one have pointed
out but never objected to other values than the one recommended in the
packaging guidelines (especially after reading some explanations which
seemed rational). However I've seen people much more experienced than me
refusing to approve or even to review because of this aspect, so I would
like to know if there is a definite policy about this, or we should just
leave them as they are.

Regards

    manuel