RFC: Mass Review Process with Flags?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Jan 29 23:35:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 12:43:53AM +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> 4-5 I have glimpsed at have the recommended BuildRoot value, but
> "BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-root", "BuildRoot:
> %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-root" etc.
>    Given the semantical meaning of "recommended" I for one have pointed
> out but never objected to other values than the one recommended in the
> packaging guidelines (especially after reading some explanations which
> seemed rational). However I've seen people much more experienced than me
> refusing to approve or even to review because of this aspect, so I would
> like to know if there is a definite policy about this, or we should just
> leave them as they are.

Since it is not a blocker as per the guidelines you are free to do whatever
you want (refuse to formally review if you don't like it or let it pass).
I personally wouldn't want to accept lightly anything shorter than
%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root
because of the name clash issue, but you are free to do otherwise.

--
Pat