Packages with optflags and/or debuginfo issues

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jan 30 18:58:21 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 19:30, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Yes, most packages link through the compiler and do not explicitly
> invoke the linker. Therefore, in most cases, linking also receives
> CFLAGS, which makes tweaking LDFLAGS unnecessary.
>
> In exotic cases (e.g. build-scripts), it can be necessary to also tweak
> LDFLAGS.

So whenever linking is done whith gcc then it needs to be passed
$RPM_OPT_FLAGS ? Or how do I know whether or not to tweak LDFLAGS?
If you like, please take a look into my package john, because I am not sure
whether or not LDFLAGS=$RPM_OPT_FLAGS are needed there but when I tested the
difference it seemed that even with LDFLAGS="" the stack protection worked.

Regards,
Till