Packages with optflags and/or debuginfo issues

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jan 30 20:38:55 UTC 2007

TM> Ok, but what to do when the package maintainer states that he
TM> would not change it?

Talk to the co-maintainer, then the maintainer's sponsor and, if
necessary, bring the issue before FESCo.  (Note in this case that
there seems to be no sponsor for the package's maintainer.)

TM> So there is the question how to proceed when one discovers a
TM> violation of the packaging guidelines and the maintainer does not
TM> want to change it.

Well, there are multiple issues here.  Fortunately all of the core
packages will all have to be reviewed before becoming part of Fedora
7, so these issues will get fixed one way or another.

I suspect that qemu may have valid performance concerns that those who
understand the issues will have to discuss.  (The license bit is
pretty simple; if it's in the upstream tarball then it must be in the
package; there's no flexibility here.)

Could you check back later in the week for the review ticket to be
opened and then mention your open ticket in that bug?  That way the
reviewer is sure to see it.  You can even join in the mass review if
you like.

 - J<