new features in package CVS

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Jan 31 02:05:40 UTC 2007

Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) said:
> > The ACL file format is simply a list of account names, one per
> > line. You can add comment lines with '#'.
>
> Which account name?  Fedora Account System name or something different?

Account system name, aka cvs account name, etc.

> > As part of this change, there are two changes to how certain
> > processes will work:
> >
> >   - owners.list and owners.epel.list are now locked down. To request
> >   changes, please send mail to cvsadmin-members at fedoraproject.org.
> >   (This may be replaced with the wiki or the ticketing system really
> >   fast.)
> >

> Additions to initialcclist go through this as well?

They'd have to, yes.

> Are there any changes to the format of owners.list?

Not knowing what else parses it, I wasn't going to change it. The
scripts that are doing this support multiple comma-separated
owners in the owners field, but I figure that would break *something*.

> >   - packages, by default, on import will have a empty pkg.acl added.
> >   These can be removed by the owner if they truly wish.
>
> Are there methods for adding groups to acls that can't be removed by the
> package maintainer?  Extras has policy to allow sponsors to make changes
> to other people's packages if there's a need.

Not at the moment. That may need to wait for more dynamic
things like the package database.

Bill