new features in package CVS

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jan 31 07:43:25 UTC 2007

Tom Lane wrote:
> Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> writes:
>> Access is determined as follows:
>>   No pkg.acl file: all are allowed access
>
> OK, but then the default for existing packages is to be wide open :-(.
> Or are you auto-creating empty pkg.acl file for all existing packages,
> as well as new imports?  I hope the answer is yes, so we don't all have
> to scramble to close up our packages.

I for one don't mind my 98 (I really should get 2 more 100 sounds so
much better) packages being open. Up until now that has caused 0
problems and allowed other todo things like rebuilds for a new python
while I was busy/away.

I think having ACL's is good, but having them created as closed by
default is BAD.

Regards,

Hans