Packages with optflags and/or debuginfo issues

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jan 31 07:51:19 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:06:51PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>     libnet-debuginfo
>>     libnet10-debuginfo
>
> These are static only library packages, so the empty debuginfo is
> normal here.

Why o why? It isn't that hard to patch upstream's makefiles to create
.so 's and get all the benefits of those (including working debugging).

I've done this for a handfull of libraries I maintain without any ill
side effect. Beware though when you do this you must carefully inspect
new upstream releases for any ABI breakage.

Regards,

Hans