new features in package CVS

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed Jan 31 09:41:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:47:05 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Why not have a default of open access? It would allow to follow the
> guidelines:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy/WhoIsAllowedToModifyWhichPackages#afterinclude
>
> (As a side note, I don't see a reason to restrict acces to the cvs in general
> case: when roles are clearly defined people don't mess with others
> packages, even though they have access).

+1

This whole thing feels a bit like "Ok, the rest of the RH people now
flood in, but they won't trust the people already in cvsextras, so
let's close everything down"...

I semi understand that a few very specific packages are really
sensitive stuff (kernel, gcc, basic system security stuff), but the
rest is just ... well ... like what we already have in Extras.

Somewhat unhappy,