new features in package CVS

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:10:51 UTC 2007

> Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at redhat.com> writes:
> > On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 07:05:42PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> OK, but then the default for existing packages is to be wide open :-(.
>
> > That's the current default, from the beginning of time until today.
>
> Yeah, but that default has been for developers *within Red Hat* to have
> open access to each other's packages.  Perhaps I'm not understanding
> something, but I thought that the brave new world was going to involve
> anyone who'd signed up for a Fedora account to have commit access to our
> CVS.

No.  Anyone who has a cvsextras account.  The "anyone who's signed up"
would be the cla_done group.  And hopefully in the future, there will be
a group even outside of that so community contributors who just want to
watch what's going on inside of Fedora Packages/in Fedora Bug reports
can sign up.

In any case, the group that has cvs access is much more stringent than
"signed up for a Fedora Account".  It's also currently more stringent
than "works for Red Hat".  Not sure how that's going to play out in the
next two or three weeks as we start in earnest to merge Core and Extras.

-Toshio