new features in package CVS

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Jan 31 16:07:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 11:03 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 07:55:51AM -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:
> > And people at redhat are completely immune to such attacks while the
> > extra packagers are so nieve that it is very likely to happen once we
>
> naiive ??
>
> > open up the core cvs.
>
> No Red Hat people can make mistakes too, there is better internal security
> that a random end user's box but it doesn't stop it. The same ACLS should
> be used internally to stop mistakes as well as externally. Very few people
> need blanket access (folks like notting)

Not a random end user. A random end contributor. You're confusing
people-outside-of-rh as only users. They're developers and contributors,
too.

Also how is the new state of things worse than before wrt rh's network
compromises? If you ever used an extra package on your machine and you
had access to the rh vpn then you were in the same boat.

How does it magically change b/c we're adding core?

-sv