new features in package CVS

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:08:38 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 07:55:51AM -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:
> > And people at redhat are completely immune to such attacks while the
> > extra packagers are so nieve that it is very likely to happen once we
>
> naiive ??

Actually I mean naive.  Proof that programmers cannot spell.  Nor can
they do simple math without a calculator, but that is for another
discussion...

> > open up the core cvs.
>
> No Red Hat people can make mistakes too, there is better internal security
> that a random end user's box but it doesn't stop it. The same ACLS should
> be used internally to stop mistakes as well as externally. Very few people
> need blanket access (folks like notting)

Yea I agree ACLs are a good thing and very few people need blanket
access.  But if this type of attack were likely, then extras is
probably already infected.