[Fwd: Broken dependencies in Fedora 7 + Test Updates - 2007-06-21]

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Mon Jul 2 17:23:21 UTC 2007

> On Wednesday 27 June 2007 11:07:04 Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Jon,
>>
>> With F-7 due to all the changes surrounding the merge, it is no longer
>> possible (AFAIK) for repo admins to go in and copy over packages. So the
>> proper way todo is, is to add a dist-tag and then rebuild for devel and
>> also build for F-7, just like you would do with a normal package.
>
> Or alternatively you build for the oldest release first, and let
> inheritance
> happen for the other collections.
>
> So long as you haven't built it already for say devel, if you build it in
> FC-7
> and push it out as an update, once stable rawhide will inherit the build.

Well, since I have, I'll probably take Hans's suggestion, since it allows
me to build for devel, then current, then current-1, etc, the Way God
Intended(tm).  :)

For future reference, if I wanted to do this the disttagless way in the
future, how does inheritance "work"?  Let's say I build for F-7 and it has
no disttag.  What do I do to get it into F-8?  This still doesn't solve
the FC-6 problem, either, though I imagine that goes away when FC-6 moves
to Koji.

Thanks all!

> --
> Jesse Keating