Gash stuck @update-testing?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 10:57:24 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 03:03:29 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 06:44:59PM +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why gnash/0.8 is stuck in updates-testing
> > instead of being pushed down-stream?
> > Bodhi problem or sleepy maintainer?
>
> Documentation problem. First I thought that gnash was already pushed
> since I remember receiving a mail that seemed to say so. Then I noticed
> that the package wasn't pushed. I read
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo
> and tried to do the last 2 points.
>
> I found the point 1. (return to bohdi) to be useless, since it leads to
> a page with
>
>   Welcome, Patrice Dumas
>
>     Bodhi workflow and Q&A draft
>     BugsFile a bug or feature request
>     Fedora Infrastructure
>     Mugshot GroupJoin the Fedora Infrastructure Mugshot group
>
> but nothing about updates to be pushed.
>

> Even though the documentation was lacking I thought that I could search
> by myself the 'Push to final', but I never found out something like
> that.
>
> So I thought that I would wait to a more useful documentation before
> trying to push my packages.

Is this the first time you've given feedback on the documentation?  If so, how
were you expecting things to change if you didn't tell anybody you weren't
happy?  Would it make it more clear if you were directed to look to your left
and click on the "My Updates" link, then the update in question you wish to
manage?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora