Error output from rpm pre/post scripts (was Re: Florian La Roche please stop mass filing bugs)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jul 5 19:04:52 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007, Florian La Roche wrote:

> I've never seen a decision if we want to support excluding docs and
> adapt scripts for that.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
- MUST: If a package includes something as %doc, it must not affect the
runtime of the application. To summarize: If it is in %doc, the program must
run properly if it is not present.

Even though this talks about runtime only, in my opinion it covers also taking
it into account in scriptlets (but it wouldn't hurt to mention that
explicitly).  See also
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#head-47896da5fb2662d75deefeb9ba75145a398515db