Fever available for all packages

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Jul 9 20:37:09 UTC 2007

On Mo Juli 9 2007, Michał Bentkowski wrote:

> You may be right. However, I think that it would be better to have
> fever directory in cvs with everybody permitted to edit this (like
> owners some time ago). What do you think?

Where do you see the advantages of this approach? The only one I see, is that
it is easier (i.e. it is faster and need less network traffic, unless you
already have a complete up-to-date cvs tree) to collect all regular
expressions. But the disadvantages are, that it is much easier to create a
conflict (at least there is a warning in the comps howto, that one should
update before and after one edited the file, but I do not know, whether or
not CVS detects conflicts), every maintainer needs to monitor this file to
make sure, that the regular expressions of his packages are not (accidently)
destroyed.

Regards,
Till