multiple .po files in one package -- how to do it in SPEC file? bug 230316

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 11 15:13:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 15:45 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of my package for jbrout (quite interesting
> photo collection manager) being reviewed and both me and apparently
> reviewer got totally lost in handling .po files. The package has
> multiple .po files and I haven't figured out easy way how to compile
> them all into one .po file which should be compiled into .mo file and
> then installed, but all that for multiple languages, and ... so I see
> three ways out of this mess:
>
> 1) to play with with find/bash/msgcat/msgattr/etc. with result being
> probably steaming heap of bash scripts horrible to maintain and
> incomprehensible to anybody
> 2) to do the same with Python -- probably much more elegant solution,
> but more work
> 3) somebody has already done 2) (or with other scripting language)
>
> Could somebody more knowledgeable with packaging RPMs help me to find
> out way to the light?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Matěj Cepl

Hi,

I don't know if I understood you right, but you have more than one .pot
files there? So find-lang will find only one? If so, I had the same
problem with gxine. Here's the solution:

# Not supported yet - check bz #213041
# %find_lang %{name} --all-name
/usr/lib/rpm/find-lang.sh %{buildroot} %{name} --all-name

But it seems that the bug was already resolved in RAWHIDE, I'll try
it...

Martin