Looking for people to trade reviews with.

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Jul 13 21:22:21 UTC 2007

Michael E Brown wrote:
> Hans,
>
> There were a couple of MUST items in the review guidelines that merit
> discussion:
>
> - MUST: Header files must be in a -devel package.
>   --> rpmlint also complains about this
> - MUST: Static libraries must be in a -static package.
>   --> rpmlint also complains about this

These 2 are definitively not relevant for this package, see for example also
gcc, it includes .obj and .h files too, without putting them in a seperate
-devel package. If the packages sole purpose is to compile other programs,
putting bits of it in a -devel package is nonsense.

> This package is a cross-compiled libc. Does it fall under these
> guidelines? I dont see any specific guidance for cross-building tools.

Notice that there are some WIP cross compiler packaging guidelines here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Embedded/CrossCompiling

But these badly need updating.

And as already said above, clearly it doesn't, because these guidelines do not
make any sense in the case of this package.

> There were two other items I found that should be easily fixable. Havent
> quite finished the review yet, though (only got through review
> guidelines for today). Still need to run through the naming guidelines
> and packaging guidelines.

Regards,

Hans