updating two interdependent packages in new build system

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jul 14 01:09:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:49:18 -0400
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

>   wxPython/F-7$ make chain-build CHAIN="wxGTK"
>
>   Packages in destination tag dist-fc7-updates-candidate are not
> inherited by build tag dist-fc7-build
>   Target dist-fc7-updates-candidate is not usable for a chain-build
>
> Which I'm sure is a very meaningful error message to someone....

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/CurrentKojiTags

With koji, we have collections and inheritance.  A build tag is a
collection of packages that are available in the buildroot.  This is
the package collection that createrepo is ran on.  Multiple build
targets can use a single build tag to save time/space on running
createrepo.

Since allowing the build tag to self update with potentially bad
updates can lead to things being shipped that are built against
packages that are pulled we don't self update the updates buildroot.
We have to do a manual override when you need to update a chain of
packages.

That said, we are willing to experiment with self updating, once bodhi
gains the ability to prevent an update from being pushed that was built
against another package that either isn't released yet, or isn't marked
for release.  Once that support is in, we'll open the buildroot to be
self updating and chain-build will work once again.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora