fedorapeople.org is now available

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 15:46:17 UTC 2007

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>  fedorapeople.org is now available for general use.
>>
>> What is fedorapeople.org?:
>>   It is a site where fedora contributors can upload files for sharing
>> out with the world. It is perfect for uploading specfiles, srpms,
>> patches, etc, etc. Each fedora contributor has 150M of quota-controlled
>> space. Users can upload using scp, sftp or rsync. Once uploaded into the
>> users public_html directory the files are available via http at:
>> http://your_username.fedorapeople.org/. To connect to fedorapeople.org
>> just use the ssh key you uploaded to your fedora account and then you
>> can login via ssh to: fedorapeople.org
>>

>> What fedorapeople.org is NOT:
>>  - it is not a place for you to upload confidential or
>> copyright-violating files.
>>  - it is not a shell for you to login and stay logged into
>>  - it is not a place for you to run your favorite proxy of whatever kind
>>  - it is not a database server
>>  - it is not a mail server
>>  - it is not a run-my-favorite-cgi-server
>>  - it is not a blog server
>>
>> We've tried our best to minimize and secure the services. Don't make a
>> lot of unreasonable requests asking for us to undo that. :)
>> For reasonable requests please file put them in the fedora
>> infrastructure ticketing system:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Tickets
>>
>> Let us know what breaks,
>> -sv
>>

>> --
>>
> Seth did you get a chance to play with SELinux controlled users on this
> machine?

[rcritten at people1 ~]$ /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled
[rcritten at people1 ~]$ echo $?
1

I guess not.

> What Fedora Version is it running?

[rcritten at people1 ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5 (Final)

[rcritten at people1 ~]$ uname -a
Linux people1.fedoraproject.org 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Jul 10
07:06:45 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux