Messy Update....

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 13:25:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 08:12 -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:
> I'm looking for a little help with a potential messy update.

Ummm, this isn't messy.  This is perfectly normal.

> Basically, a configuration file is been moved from one package
> to another, dependent, package. So if the package that contains
> the old config file is not completely removed when the package
> with the new config file is installed, there will be file
> conflict....

As long as both packages are being upgraded in the same transaction set,
you're fine.  Which is what will normally happen.

Looking at the spec file, though, nfs-utils should have
  Requires: nfs-utils-libs = %{version}-%{release}
just generally.  This will also help to ensure that the right thing
happens

Jeremy