[SECURITY] Fedora 7 Update: clamav-0.90.3-1.fc7

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jul 20 15:48:16 UTC 2007

Dmitry Butskoy <buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru> writes:

> Maybe a compromise is to use some "%define" switch in .spec file?

This would need a rebuild of the package. I do not see the problem with
the current version: 'yum install ...' on default installations installs
the -sysv initscripts but I have the option to override it by adding a
small package (which stays constant across different version of the main
package) in my local repository.

> By the way, whether you actually use Fedora without initscripts
> package?

Yes; almost none of my 40-50 servers uses 'initscripts'.

> What another daemons without init scripts are used,

The initsystem is minit (http://www.fefe.de/minit/); I created initscripts
for daemons used by me (see http://ensc.de/fedora/minit-scripts.spec for a
list).

Enrico