Procedure for verbatim takeover from FN to FN+1?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 23 14:14:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 09:36:52AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:39:59 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > Inherit a package from FC6 into F7 (and later) w/o having to rebuild
> > it, e.g. no waste of dist/mirror space for large data-only packages. I
> > know it has been done before for a couple of packages (texmf trees for
> > example?). Anything that is a firmware or pure data
> > (e.g. dist-agnostic) is a candidate for this, but currently being a
> > manual procedure it is only worth while for bulkier bits.
>
> A) You must not have any build of that package tagged for later
> collections.

OK

> B) Build in the earliest collection still active

OK

> C) Once pushed as a stable update, future collections will inherit the
> build, provided no other build has been tagged in the future
> collections.

Well, I don't see the package in question (vtkdata) anywhere else than
where I pushed it into.

At any rate could you please wave your magic wand and make that appear
in F7 and F8? Thanks!

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net