gkrellm license change notificaition

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Jul 23 14:37:43 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Hans de Goede (j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl) said:
>> For those who want to know, gkrellm has moved to GPL v3, coming from GPL v2
>
> Are *ANY* of the plugins that use it, even the ones we do not ship, licensed
> under only GPL2?

I don't know, wouldn't that be an additional requirement over the conditons for
gkrellm itself, and thus a license violation?

> If so, we really can't push this on earlier releases.

I'm not planning on pushing it to anything earlier then rawhide. But if the
need arises for any reason I will first check the license of all the plugins we
ship.

Regards,

Hans