Procedure for verbatim takeover from FN to FN+1?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 15:21:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:10:40 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Does this work if you didn't follow the procedure from day zero?
> That is, assume that yesterday I built foo-1.2.3 separately in
> F-7 and devel branches.  Tomorrow could I build foo-1.2.4 in F-7 only
> and have it inherit to F8?  I always thought that was a big no-no.

See original statement A.  Once you've got a build that is tagged
specifically for a collection, that breaks inheritance.  Queries of
that tag will always see the specifically tagged build, regardless of
what NVR is tagged in other inherited collections.  The only way to
accomplish inheritance after this is if all builds in the specific tag
are untagged, so that when querying the tag, koji has to start down the
inheritance path.

> Also, what about keeping the CVS sources in sync?  The obvious way
> of implementing this tactic is to work in the /F-7 directory only,
> which would leave /devel not reflecting what you expect to be
> shipping in F8, which seems like a really bad idea.

It is up to the maintainer to commit the changes to the branches as
necessary, just not build.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora